Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Made Me Laugh



I seen this commercial this morning and it made me laugh. I think David wanted to cry. But as you all know, we have 5 kids. Our last 2, being twins. And the color system, it's been in place since our 2nd daughter was born.

Everything is color coded. Their towels, blankets, and sometimes clothes. I'm just trying to keep up with them here. But this commercial just made me laugh. I hadn't yet thought about the day we have to buy them all school supplies. And how are they going to keep it all organized. I'm hoping, there are our 5 colors that we use.

And why exactly did David want to cry? Because we made the decision to send our kids to Catholic School. Why? Because the public school system here, it really is not good. And the Catholic Schools are really good. Secondly, our religion is really important to us.

That means, we spend less money on other things. Like toys and vacations. But it was a family decision. One that we're very happy we made. But Marissa is starting her 3rd year of pre-school there. And I have to admit, it's pretty costly. Not crazy, but that's money we could use in other areas. Just wait until next summer when we are facing 2 tuitions.

So this commercial, it's just a reminder of what we are going to face in our future. Not that we have triplets. But 5 kids, 2 twins, isn't that crazy enough? But you have to love the color system. It still allows for creativity and individuality. :)

No comments: