Monday, June 11, 2012

For the Birds

It's Summer! My older girls, I can tell they're getting a little bored. I can just see it all over them! You see, we have ridiculous weather here. Weather that is happy to stay 100+ for weeks at a time. Most of the time we're well over 105 degrees.

I know. My kiddos would enjoy, staying in the pool all day long! But with 5 of them, and 1 of me, that's not a possibility. Not even close!! We only go in the pool, when David is home. That means, I must come up with some good ideas. You know, to keep Familia G happy.

It's crazy. Especially being that my husband works, 7 days a week. No, really. Monday-Friday he has his job. You know, where he has a career, as an engineer. Then on the weekends, he's working with the Mariachi. We're sorta used to this. You know when we have a routine.

But now that it's Summer, our routine has changed. Marissa is in Summer Camp. Because, well she needs it. We need it. I NEED it!! But that's only during the week. On the weekends, I've got everyone. By myself!!

I turned to Pinterest. I needed a plan. For this past weekend. My husband was working all weekend. And I just knew, Marissa and I would butt heads. We needed a plan.

Well, turns out, we had some fun projects to tackle. That honestly, kept everyone busy. And happy! What did we work on? Something for our little feathered friends. :)



Now if you're asking yourself...."What is this?" It's a bird feeder. Shut up! I know. Just call me "Crafty Mommy." We made 3. Maribel and Marissa each had their own. The 3 youngins' and I, worked on another.

These lovely feeders, are made with slinkies! Shut your mouth!! That's what I said. A slinky, some wire, a bit of paint, and bird feed....made for hours and hours of fun! And I'm 100% positive that our feathered friends, were happy with our crafting too!

No comments: