Monday, August 10, 2009

Meltdown

I just realized that we experienced a meltdown. A bad one. And I don't know how it happened. We went to Amelia and Riqs wedding over the weekend. And we ended up staying at a hotel. It was actually brilliantly planned out before. We took one small suitcase with everything we needed. And I threw my makeup bag into my "everyday" purse. I pretty much forgot about it.

This morning, I picked up Lauren and took her and Maribel to dance. My purse did feel heavier than normal. But I didn't bother to look. I'm a mom. It happens. Somehow toys and snacks always find there way in. Mariella and I went grocery shopping while the girls had their class.

The day was typical in every way. Until we got home. We had lunch and I put the girls down for their nap. And I decided to clean out my purse. How did I missed my makeup bag? No me sabes! It is a larger one that you travel with, 8X12". I opened it up to find my cream eyeshadow had melted. And melted all over my bag. Por Dios!

I had 4 brown cream shadows that turned to goo. It really looked like poo. Si, poo. I was grossed out. It has taken me an hour to just clean off my makeup. The bag, I don't even want to think about it. But how did it happen? I know we live in the desert, but I had my purse with me all day. I didn't leave it in the car. It is just a nightmare to look at!

No comments: